Wednesday, April 4, 2012

End of the Line

Hey Everyone!

For several reasons, I've decided that I'm not going to continue posting on this blog any more and I thought I would put up a post for some "closure" instead of leaving the blog hanging with anyone stumbling across it wondering if I will ever update it again. It is a slightly sad decision because I did enjoy writing and it was a helpful outlet. I'm not sure if my writing actually helped anyone in any way and I'm not sure about how many people really read my ramblings either. However, if anyone would like to ask any questions or contact me, you can do so via the email link on the "About Me" page to the right. Don't ask me why I'm closing the blog though, because I won't answer that question.

On a positive side, I'd like to thank everyone who has enjoyed reading my posts. If it made you laugh, smile in appreciation or even nod sagely with some insight, then it has had some worth opposed to just random bytes on a hard drive somewhere in the ether. I actually made it to 100 posts too! Yay! This will make it 101, which kind of reminds me of the first year university subjects. Filly 101, I'm just a beginner.. :) We are, after all, always learning and I believe that anybody who thinks that they know all the answers is being rather arrogant if not somewhat foolish.

I wish everyone the best and hope you all achieve your potential but never forget to savour the journey. For some reason, the song the Byrds just popped into my head. It's based on Ecclesiastes chapter 3 and is called "Turn, Turn, Turn" and I will leave you with the sentiment which I believe is quite apt and helpful to hold onto. 

"There is a time for everything.... a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance"



2 comments:

Ina said...

I didn't see that one coming!!
But it makes since, I hope you will continue to walk along the path to you destination. You have been very helpfully to many including me. It has been a privilege to walk some of your journey with you.
All the best Ina

Alice Paige said...

I always looked forward to reading your tales. I found them both amusing and insightful at times.

Wishing you all the best for the future
may you take with you good memories and great friendships to come